Monday, February 11, 2008

GONE AGAIN

Ruther just called me a few seconds ago. He told me he was boarding his plane already. And now, it's goodbye again.

I woke up this morning to the sweet realization that I was in the arms of my sweetie. Then it hit me that today he was leaving and it will be quite a long time before I'll be in his arms again and then my heart ached. We whispered sweet nothings, promises and never-ending love and exchanged bittersweet kisses until we had no choice but to prepare for the eventual drive to the airport. Every once in a while, I would breakdown and cry but I managed to collect myself in time. The drive to the airport was depressing. I just held on to Ruther and buried myself on his neck to inhale his scent, to fill my senses, to get whatever I could so I could keep him with me longer. I cried, of course. How can I not when there's this sharp, stabbing pain inside me? The day was sunny but I did not feel the warmth. The people outside were busy and hectic but I felt utterly empty. A bee could have stung me and I would not have felt a thing with my emotions slowly draining from me as we neared the departure area of the international airport. Again, we whispered reassurances, promises and love to each other. I cried even harder. Then I had to let him go. It was so painful I just cried and cried while hugging him so tightly in my arms. And then he was gone. On the way home, I just stared out the window looking at nothing. The day I feared has come and I'm just so terribly sad I could cry an ocean of tears.

I hate goodbyes. They never were my thing. Especially when it came to Ruther. I would always hate it. It doesn't matter of he's just going to work, or going out with friends, or walking to the nearby sari-sari store. I just don't want to be away from him for too long. He just makes everything in this world a whole lot better.

I miss him so much. We're going to talk soon. He promised me that when he arrives at Narita Airport he'll ring my phone so I could call him. I know that it won't make me miss him any less but hopefully, it will ease the pain if only for a little while.

1 comment:

mitch said...

Hi, Lae. I feel for you. But then again, I am really happy for you that you appreciate having Ruther. They always say, you are not given challenges you cannot overcome. Because of those challenges, Ruther and you appreciate your time together. For the meantime, I should say you are very lucky with Ruther. I can see how devoted he is to you and the boys. Bihira ang ganyan.

Hindi bale. I have faith for what the future has in store for you and your family. For now, I cry with you.