Sunday, March 16, 2008

AM BACK - FINALLY!

Oh my gosh! It seems like forever since I last blogged!! It feels so good to be back. I tried to log in last Friday but I couldn't get through to Blogger. Must be something wrong with the connection or something. Anyway, it's just great to finally keep in touch with you again! =D

I have mixed feelings about our trip. As much as I would love to gush that it went wonderfully, it didn’t quite turn out that way. Firstly, there was my dad’s golf tournament. We had to work our days around his 3-day schedule. Since we originally planned to go to the places we haven’t seen last year, it would be terrible of us to go around without dad in tow. Then, there was the dampening rains. It just ruined our planned visits to places of interest and as much as I would love to prance and frolic in the rain, I just did not want my boys to catch a cold (or pneumonia for that matter). Also, there were those trips and schedules that just went awry. Like when we passed by Aguinaldo Shrine, we were shocked to see tall grasses and graffiti all around and over it and to find the museum nearby closed for the day (even if it was only 2pm and was a weekday). Also, we were supposed to go strawberry picking but wouldn't you know, La Trinidad needed all those strawberries for their festival? They are planning to make this huge strawberry shortcake or something. So, that didn’t work too well for us. On the plus side however, we did love the place where we stayed. It was a bit out of the way but was cozy and perfect for us. The people living there were so accommodating and friendly. I also enjoyed cooking for my parents which I very rarely do when I am in Zamboanga, not because I don’t want to but because mom usually has the whole week’s menu already planned out and marketed. Also, mom and dad loved the fruits and vegetables in Baguio. Mommy especially loved the seedless oranges and the lettuce and carrots. Daddy loved the marinated bangus and of course, the peanut brittle. We also got to have lunch at Rose Bowl. That’s the place we stayed years ago when my siblings and I were very little. So it was like a trip down memory lane for Daddy because he hasn’t been to Baguio for more than 20 years I think! Anyway, we had a really nice lunch there and Mommy loved the pancit. So yeah, I had fun with that little trip. We also got to see Tam-Awan Village, the Butterfly Sanctuary, the Orchidarium, the Easter Weaving Room and the Chinese Bell Church. At least those places, we all got to see for the first time. It’s just too bad that my sis wasn’t with us during this trip. I think Mom and Dad were mentioning something about going back to Baguio next year. =D

The boys did have some fun at least and I’m happy about that. They really enjoyed the cool air, the greenery, the new sights and bonding moments with their grandparents. They also had some fun at a huge inflatable slide at SM. Nikki, who is usually not that physically active, really tried his best to keep up with Ethan. My little boy, on the other hand, had the time of his life. Now, I am thinking of getting them a trampoline just to let them have some fun fitness here at home.

Anyway, I suppose the whole thing (good and bad) was a wonderful experience still. Despite it all I am still very grateful for the bonding time I had with my family. Hopefully, there will be more vacations like this - only better.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Glad you're back, girl!

Sounds like you had a lot of fun in spite of a couple of setbacks.

The orchidarium sounds amazing...you took plenty of pictures, I hope?