Saturday, March 01, 2008

COUNTING MY CHICKENS?

The other day while at the mall, I happened to spy this really cute stroller bag that had an accompanying handbag that you could daintily put through the handle of the stroller bag so it seems like you have 2 bags in one. I really liked it because to me, it looked so handy and I could still remember the pain I endured after carrying my shoulder bag during the entire trip to Japan last year. I told myself that if there was a possibility that we were going back to Japan, I would use a stroller bag next time that could be checked in. And this bag I saw was cute and at the same time not expensive. I really really wanted to get it but then, I got soooo worried. I thought, "Am I counting my chickens?" Am I hoping too much only to be disappointed later on? I was in such a quandary because I thought that a.) if I get the bag/s it could mean that I'm thinking positively and should I get the bag/s and make it to Japan, the purchase would be worth it (it's on SALE!); BUT b.) if I AM counting my chickens before they hatch and I get the bag/s and we won't be going to Japan, I would really really hate myself for getting it and wasting money and just jinxing the whole trip. Yeah, I can think crazy sometimes. Okay, maybe not sometimes but really, thinking like this is driving me nuts!! Should I get the bag? Should I not get the bag? Should I get the bag?...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should always get the bag! Of course I have a large and mostly useless collection of bags & purses... I'm sure you could find a use for it if you don't have the opportunity to use it in Japan. And if you do, you'll be so prepared!