Sunday, March 30, 2008

EARTH HOUR

So, did any of you get to observe Earth Hour? We did. I almost forgot about it because I usually talk to Ruther at around 8 in the evening. We had some communication problems with Skype so I went to Russell's room for some help and I realized that the lights were off and I suddenly remembered Earth Hour. So I turned off the lights in our room and talked to Ruther in the dark (just called him through my cellphone because the internet connection was terrible). Nikki was a bit scared when he saw the house in darkness so we turned on one light in the living room to make him less worried. Anyway, it was nice taking part in this. I mean, it's really worrisome what's happening to the world right now and environmental awareness (like Earth Hour) really helps. When I read about the participation of a lot of countries in this event, it felt really wonderful that I was a part of it and I helped in my own little way. I'm already looking forward to next year's Earth Hour. Hopefully, people will become more aware about our dying earth and do whatever it takes to protect and heal it.

No comments: