Tuesday, April 22, 2008

FOR THE LOVE OF...

Maybe I should have a shirt made that says "I WILL homeschool my boys and there's nothing you can do or say that will change my mind" and wear it all the time. Dyu think people will (finally) get the idea and stop pestering me to send the boys to school? Or perhaps I should put a tattoo on my forehead that says the same thing? What else do I have to do to make them understand that I DON'T WANT to send my boys to traditional school and would much prefer to homeschool them and if they don't want to accept that then they can kiss my ---- rabbit.

.....

I feel like I've been living in limbo for the past days. I've immersed myself in my lessons (really wonderful read) and I'm progressing quite well. Am on the last few chapters of my textbook and then I'm done with this module (series of assignments). I think I have one more module to go before I complete this course and I am so excited to finish. Anyway, we've been taking it easy for a while with the boys' lessons. We're due for another science experiment so I have to do some research and planning. The boys still spend some of their time swimming in the pool or playing with their toys (i.e., making a mess) and studying on the computer. I sometimes can't use it because they love Blue's Clues Kindergarten so much. But hey, I won't mind as long as they learn many things from it. :) Summer is halfway over. Can't wait for the rainy season...

.....

I just found out yesterday that my parents will be coming to Manila on the 1st of May. My dad will have another golf tournament on that weekend so we'll be seeing them again soon. Already, my dad asked me if we (meaning, the boys) could go home to Zamboanga. I said that's not possible because starting May we'll be collecting our documents for our (temporary) visa. Plus, I have to call the accredited travel agencies to make inquiries (the Japan embassy no longer accepts walk-ins so now I would have to go through one of these agencies to submit our papers). I am kind of worried about this new policy because 1. we'd have to shell out more money for the placement fee, and 2. I'm not really comfortable leaving something this important in someone else's hands. So I want to know which of the 4 accredited agencies will be the most okay. Hopefully, nothing will go wrong. I hope I hope I hope. Anyway, I know my dad really misses the boys and want to spend some time with them and I don't want to be selfish but we just really can't go to Zamboanga this year. It's just not possible and I would rather we save the money for the fare to Japan. I just really hope that everything will proceed smoothly.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I'm so excited for you that you may be able to go to Japan again! Yay! I'll pray that everything goes smoothly for you with all the necessary paperwork.

I just read a book written by a Filipina immigrant to the U.S. (she married into the family of a man who attends my church) and she talked about that whole process and all the paperwork and everthing. Whew! But it'll all be worth it to spend time with the hubby again!