Friday, April 18, 2008

THE GOLDEN COMPASS

I watched this movie the other day and I really liked it. I don't know why I enjoy movies like this so much; you know, a parallel universe, similar yet different from our own. Star Wars, Harry Potter, Lord of The Rings, Narnia... all fantastic places that tickle our imagination.

Anyway, I didn't know anything about this movie at all. In fact, I just wanted to watch it because I knew that Nicole Kidman was in it. Okay, I know, flimsy excuse to watch a movie, but hey, I like her and I think she's a great actress. Anyway, I loved the movie a lot. In fact, I liked it so much, I watched it twice. Yup, twice. It was just so interesting and all new and all so creative. I loved the props, the idea of a daemon, the Witches and Ice bears and Gyptians and parallel universes. Really, what's not interesting about that? Anyway, I didn't even realize that there was a book!! So now, I want to read the story more than ever. Of course, when the movie ended I was like, "That's it?!" And then I read that a sequel might be produced later on so I was relieved. Really, I just wanted the movie to go on and on and on...

The movie filled my head so much after I first watched it that I even dreamed of the characters for 2 nights, can you believe that? I can't even remember the last movie that affected me this much! Anyway, I also read that The Golden Compass was not very popular in the US but was a hit in other countries. It's quite amusing becuse I find it really hard to dislike this movie. But then again, I like living in a fastasy world so I guess this movie is made for people like me. =)

1 comment:

Tatiana said...

you know what? me too, afters i saw the movie i couldn't help thinking of it, revolving it this or that way round in my mind for a good week! it has SOMETHING in it. something that draws you back to it over and over again.

i am little envious, you will discover the books now) pity i cannot do it for the first time again))))))))))

btw. i found the post through Google Alert