Tuesday, April 29, 2008

WORMY AND WHITE PAW

I forgot to mention that we let Wormy go yesterday. Although he was doing well in his container, I'm not a worm expert to be able to say that he's really okay. So, rather than throw away a dead worm (and I know how helpful they are to plants), I decided to let him go instead. With Ethan's permission of course. He was okay with the plan and just said, "Bye, Wormy!" when I let him out of the container. He wiggled his way into the soil and that was that. Well, here's hoping you have a long and happy life, Wormy! (Stay away from the birds!)

.....

Speaking of pets, White Paw is getting to be way too big for his basket. I think I have to look for an adequate cage for him. Maybe one that would be large enough for him to move around a bit when he's inside it but certainly not one that would cost so much. Hopefully, I'll be able to get him a nice one next month. (And hopefully he'll be happy sleeping in it in the evenings.)

1 comment:

Becky said...

Yes, Wormy...stay away from the birds, especially in the early mornings (I hear the early bird gets the worm!)

My sister-in-law has a pet rabbit, and keeps it in a wire 'kennel' of sorts, that has a plastic bottom that she can remove to clean, and then just set the cage on the lawn from time to time for the rabbit to have a romp in the fresh grass. It's a 2x4 foot (I can't remember the metric equivalent) rectangle, and is about 18 inches high. It works very well for her rabbit, and protects the poor bunny from a certain little nephew's inquisitive fingers. I will not mention which nephew, lol.