Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I'M BACK

I feel like it's been ages since I last blogged... Wait a minute! What am I saying? It HAS been ages since I last wrote! Duh!

Things have just become hectic last week. I've been trying to finish my textbook (pretty successful with that), been trying to find some independent activities for the boys (so I could study without interruptions), and been pretty much up to my neck with other activities. In fact, there are so many things in my head right now, I don't know where to begin.

Anyway, I'll just type as I think then (which can become pretty tricky later on)... Last Saturday, we went along with my brother-in-law Russell at their company's family fun day. It was held at a waterpark and since the boys love the water a lot, I thought it would be nice to tag-along. What I didn't expect though, were the hoards of people. We barely found a table for ourselves and since there were just so many people around, I didn't want to leave the boys unwatched by the kiddie pool. So, I had to stay close by and of course, got way too much sun than I had planned. But anyway, we (the boys and I) had lots of fun though. They especially loved the wave pool because well, who wouldn't love it? After 2 hours in it, though, I didn't love it any more because my legs and arms got so tired from having to swim/wade after the boys everytime they tried to get away from me. By afternoon, I had a headache, partly because of the sun and partly from exhaustion. Good thing I brought an analgesic with me so I took one. Anyway, we got home pretty late and as expected, the boys are beyond tan. I think they look like rich chocolate brown. (Hahaha!) They didn't have any sunburns though. I, on the other hand, have burns on my shoulders. I can't even recall the last time I had sunburns. I am usually so careful and always apply and reapply sunblock. But I suppose last Saturday, the sun was just too much for my skin or maybe the sunblock lost its strengh -is that even possible?- or maybe global-warming is really too much for all the sunblock in the world so now, I have sunburns. Well, actually, it's getting better now. Last Sunday, I had to wear a spaghetti-strapped blouse because a shirt would have been too painful. But now, my shoulders are getting better. Which is a relief actually. I wouldn't want to get another sunburn ever again!! It's just too bothersome. The good thing about the trip though, was that it was another wonderful bonding day for me and the boys. I guess nothing beats that. Not even sunburn.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Glad you had a good day with the boys, Yette. Any news yet on going to Japan? I so hope y'all are able to do that. It's good to be all together as a family.