Thursday, May 29, 2008

ANOTHER VISIT TO THE DENTIST

It's not that I hate visiting the dentist. I just feel sometimes that it's so unplanned, or the timing isn't right, or the expense was not part of the budget for the month. Anyway, I HAD to go to the dentist. There was no ifs or buts about it. The other night, in between my 2 front teeth was a food particle. I tried to get it loose using my tongue but it was stuck fast. So, I used the ever handy floss. Now, I have a small filling on the back of one of my front teeth (more to the side though but not visible from the front), and when I used the floss, it felt so rough. I tried to remove the food particle anyway and when I pulled the floss from between my teeth, whaddya know, not only the food particle, but the filling came off!! Talk about shoddy work! That's not even supposed to happen. Ever! So I was bummed about it because a). the dentist who did the filling was (something I'd rather not say here), b). I'd have to have an immediate appointment with the dentist the next day and c.) I would have to spend for something I didn't even think I was going to spend for in at least 4 more months. Sigh. Anyway, to make the long story short, I went to the dentist the next day and so I have a new and better filling to replace the old one. This one is okay. No excesses, no overhangs, not as rough as the previous one. So hopefully, this one stays in place - with or without flossing.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Oh, man...me, too. I loathe going to the dentist. More because of those unscheduled expenses more than anything.

Which reminds me...I need to get my chipped molar taken care of. Ugh.