Wednesday, May 14, 2008

INTERNET PROBLEMS... AGAIN!

Been having some problems with our internet connection lately. It's been so erratic. Sometimes it's okay but most of the time the connection gets cut all of a sudden. It's really frustrating and only because I can't do videochat with Ruther in the evenings. Last night, after waiting for the longest time, I had to call him using my cellphone. Crazy internet connection. I don't know what's wrong with it. My brother-in-law might, though. Hopefully, it'll be better the next few days. It's just sooo bothersome and frustrating and even Nikki has noticed it too. I just tell him to busy himself with other things and he usually does. =D Anyway, I'm hoping the next time I sit in front of this computer, our internet connection is A-ok.

.....

We're having ants in the house again. I just hate those little buggers. The black ants, though, I don't mind so much because they're harmless and well, are a sign of good luck in a home but those little red ants are really irritating. There are actually lots in the kitchen and have found their way into the rice cooker, the sugar container and who knows where else? I just hate it when I see their trail all over the house. We've had some of those trails in my bedroom and I immediately shooed my boys to the living room and sprayed the pesky insects. Irritating, really. In case you were wondering about my extreme dislike for these red ants, it's probably because I'm allergic to insect bites. Yup, mosquito, ants, cockroaches (never bit me though, just through a skin test - I would never allow a cockroach to get close to me, that's for sure!)... I get these red bite marks that are sooo ichy I have to apply liniment on them to distract me from the itch (calamine lotion doesn't work). Anyway, I read that pepper is a great ant deterrent. I might try that in the kitchen. I can't of course, just spray away in there with all the food around. So hopefully the pepper will be a safe way. But in other parts of the house, you can bet, I'll have my spray bottle ready.

.....

Oh yes, I almost forgot. My sis found the book I've been looking for: The Subtle Knife. It's the second book of Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials series, you know, the one that comes after The Golden Compass. I can't wait to start reading it!! I'll be getting it on Saturday and I'm dying to find out what happens to Lyra Belacqua and Pantalaimon. Sooo looking forward to getting my hands on that book. I just know it'll be another great read! =D

No comments: