Wednesday, May 07, 2008

SUMMER IS ALMOST OVER

I can't believe it's May already. Pretty soon, summer will be over and I really can't wait for the rains to come. I know the monsoon season can be pretty harsh in the Philippines but I just love rainy days. Summer is pretty okay too, and I used to like it so much before but now, with global-warming and aging skin and all, it's just a bit too much for me these days. So yeah, I can't wait for June to come... Cool weather (hopefully), Ruther's and my anniversary and Ethan's birthday. So much to look forward to...

.....

I finally got White Paw a cage!! It's just so hard seeing him so cramped in his basket that I knew I had to get him one immediately. Fortunately yesterday, at a pet store just outside our subdivision, I spotted a nice red one that had a tray underneath. Since I was going to the post office then, I decided to check it out on the way home. I was worried at first about the price and told myself that if it cost more than P500 (approx. US$11.80) I won't get it. When I got to the pet store, I inspected the cage. It looked okay. It was sturdy, big enough for White Paw to move around, easy to clean and conveniently had a tray underneath it so I could easily throw away the rabbit's little droppings. I asked the man in charge how much the cage cost. He said it was P400. I thought for a moment and asked him if he could give me a lower price for the cage (this is a common thing in the Philippines so don't think I'm being callous by asking for a lower price). He said he could give it to me for P380 (approx. US$9) and I was happy with that so I got it! And now, White Paw is happy in his new home. I take him out of the cage from time to time to pet him or to stretch his legs. But I don't do that all the time because he's very naughty and nips at everything. Also, Ethan freaks out when he sees White Paw out of his cage (to me: "Mommy! Get him!" To White Paw: "Hey! Don't bite!"). =D Will try to take a photo of White Paw later...

.....

Mom and Dad are back home in Zamboanga. They left Manila early this morning. But I think they plan to come back in July, in time for our birthdays (my siblings and I have the same birth month). We went to their room last night to spend some time with them and to say our goodbyes and good nights. My mom and dad teased Nikki about going with them but Nikki adamantly refused. I suppose my little man thinks he belongs with me. =D So cute. Anyway, it was nice spending the past few days with them. I hardly had time to study and the boys too, but I suppose the break was worth it. =D

1 comment:

Becky said...

I'm sure White Paw will be very happy in the new cage.

Sounds like you had a very nice visit with your folks. That probably helps to break up the long absences from your hubby. I know that having my dad come to visit recently was nice, especially knowing that this summer we won't be doing any visits to my hometown.