Thursday, June 19, 2008

MAKING PROGRESS

Am thinking of rearranging some of the things in my room. I've been considering this for some time and I think it'll be nice to move the bed to a corner to give the room more space. There will be some carpentry involved though, but very minimal. Ruther has no idea I plan to do this but I'm not worried. He was the one who wanted more space so I think he'll approve of the project. Anyway, I just have these plans percolating in my head and until they are definite, I can't wait to see the new look of the room!

.....

Miracle of miracles. The other day, Ethan finally got to answer some worksheets. I know, I know, I'm making a big deal out of it again. But it was wonderful to see him answer worksheets instead of his write-and-wipe books for a change. I think we are definitely moving forward. And I know not to push him too much so I just try to make it fun for him. Hopefully this won't be a one-time thing. I'm already looking forward to getting him more workbooks! Woohoo!

.....

Nikki is currently interested in fractions. Which is definitely great because when I was little I hated anything related to Math. I just thought I was poor at it and no matter how hard I tried I always thought, "I'll never get this." Where was a psychologist when I needed one? Anyway, I'm trying to let him go a little bit more at a time just so he won't be overwhelmed. I know other homeschooling parents push their kids a lot but I like to take the laidback approach with my kids. Maybe when Nikki is a bit older, I will. But now, I would just want him to enjoy learning...

No comments: