Thursday, July 17, 2008

3 MORE DAYS TO GO...

Only 3 more days to go. I suppose my current situation is a perfect example of time going at a snail's pace...

.....

I am 90% packed already. Just a little bit more and everything will be ready for Saturday. I just have to weigh all the bags again because I'm getting a bit worried about the weight. I'm not sure if the weighing scale here at home is busted or if it's really as heavy as the scale says they (the bags) are but so far we're still below the 90 kilos alloted for us. I'm definitely keeping some kilos off (maybe 6) just to be sure though. I remember the previous time, our bags weighed in at 89 kilos. Wow. Lucky break. But it was so close and I hope this time my packing pays off. :)

.....

We spent the day at the mall with mommy. I was hesitant about going at first because it rained so hard this morning. Good thing at around 1030am, the rains stopped so we got ready and left for the nearby SM Sucat. The boys had fun and mommy enjoyed her shopping. I was pretty tired by the time we got home 5 hours later but I had to go out again after the boys napped because I had to go to the pharmacy/drug store to buy some medicine to bring with us to Japan. I needed a bottle of the boys' vitamins, analgesics, folic acid, etc. There was a queue but the pharmacists were efficient so I didn't mind. Anyway, tomorrow I'm going to accompany mommy to Baclaran. I won't be buying anything anymore since I pretty much got everything I needed last Monday but I just want to make sure mommy will be safe when she goes there tomorrow. Wouldn't want her getting lost. Besides, she'll need me to help carry her stuff because she's not allowed to carry heavy stuff. We'll leave early in the morning so that the boys will still be asleep then.

1 comment:

Becky said...

That's so exciting that you guys leave in just a couple of days! EEEEEEEEEE! I'll bet you and the boys are just beside yourself with excitement!

Hey, how far are you going to be from Yokosuka? My sister and her family are living there. They just moved there recently, actually. They were in Yokohama or somewhere else that began with Yoko briefly. I was thinking it would be so cool if you all ended up nearby each other!

Anyway, if you're interested, she has a blog, too...http://japanmamma.blogspot.com

Her hubby works on one of the U.S. Military bases there. She and the kids are kind of in 'tourist' mode, and she has been telling all of us family members in the States about her experiences in Japan through her 'touristy' eyes. It's been a lot of fun to read.