Sunday, July 06, 2008

HAPPY WORKING ME

And so the packing begins.

Well not really packing as in packing. I meant I already started picking and setting aside the clothes I plan to bring with us to Japan. I also made lists. Yes, lists. I needed a list of the things we are going to bring, another list of the things I need to buy, another list for the things we plan to give as pasalubong, and another list of the things I'll need to pack the day before we leave (camera, cellphone, passports, etc.). I'm still not sure what other lists I would have to make but so far, I've been preoccupied with these. I've also gone through the boys' toys and removed the batteries in them. This was a bit difficult to accomplish because the boys wanted to play with the toys while I was taking the batteries out. Anyway, I did a general cleaning of the bedroom and the boys' room. I changed the curtains, bed covers, pillowcases and dusted and swept and mopped. I suppose I just wanted things to be in order when the boys and I leave. I also sorted through our clothes and shoes and toys. Those clothes which no longer fit the boys I placed in a box along with the toys that they've outgrown and gave them to my mother-in-law to give away to those who needed them. My no-longer-fitting clothes, I gave away to Mama's helper who was so happy to receive them since she has 2 daughters. I also had to organize the toys in the boys' room downstairs since I didn't want any of them to get lost when visitors come (of course, I'm talking about those with kids). Sometimes, relatives come over with the kids in tow and we let the children play downstairs. I really don't mind the sharing. It's just that some of those kids don't take care of some of the more expensive toys so I have to keep those out of reach. I also sorted through the boys' books and workbooks and rearranged those as well. A very few of them I will be bringing with us. Naturally, our homeschooling continues wherever we are. :D I still have a lot of other things to do. It's pretty overwhelming but I really don't mind. I like that I'm busy. It's good that I'm preoccupied. I won't have to think about the days and the hours. I just have to focus on not forgetting to bring the essentials, keeping our baggage within the allowance given and just getting on that plane on time. I just can't wait for next Saturday. But for now, I'll continue on with my Happy Working Song. :D (Picture me in a white dress with forest creatures surrounding me...)

No comments: