Tuesday, July 08, 2008

PLANS AND UPDATES

Ethan is a whole lot better now. He's starting to eat again and is drinking as much milk as before he was confined. I'm still keeping careful watch though. I wouldn't want another repeat of that, that's for sure. Now, I'm just trying to let him gain back the weight he lost last week. He's still very picky when it comes to his food but at least he's drinking his milk again. :)

.....

Ruther has some activities already planned out for when we get to Japan. I was pleased to hear this. That means he's excited to see us. Well, I know he wants us there but well, he's really not the giddy-and-cloud-9 excitement kind of guy. When he's excited, he's just "excited", period. When I'm excited I'm breathless, giddy, overwhelmed, tingly, and super psyched. Go figure. Well, Ruther told me that he also got some stuff for the boys and that he's planning to bring us to a matsuri (a festival). I can't wait. Of course, it would even be more wonderful if I wore a yukata (a summer kimono) but that wouldn't be practical at all because it would be just too expensive if we buy one just for the festival. But wouldn't it be exciting to wear one and feel so Japanese? Well, anyway, I'm just all tingly with anticipation. I can't wait to get on that plane!!

....

My mom will be arriving on the 15th from Zamboanga. I'm quite pleased about this because it would be so nice to see her before we leave on the 19th. I'm sure she's just as glad to be seeing the boys as well. I remember last February, she was here in Manila and accompanied Mama to the airport to pick us up. I suppose she really missed the boys while we were in Japan. Anyway, another reason for her coming is our birthday: my siblings' and mine. We are all July celebrants. My birthday is on the 10th, my elder sister's is on the 13th and my brother's is on Saturday, the 12th. So it's pretty cool that we celebrate our birthdays together. Anyway, I wish my dad could come as well but he's swamped with work. It doesn't matter really. I'm sure he'll be calling us on our birthdays. :)

1 comment:

Becky said...

Awww, it's nice to know you've been missed, huh? I'm so thrilled y'all are getting on that plane soon. YAY!