Sunday, September 28, 2008

IT'S SO COLD!

If the cold weather is any indication of a change in climate, Autumn is definitely here. For the past days, the temperature has changed dramatically. One day we were all in our skirts and shorts and flipflops and then suddenly, we had to bring out our long-sleeved shirts, thick blouses and pants because all our previous clothing was not enough to keep us warm. Today we went to church and I wore leggings in my pants and aside from my long-sleeved blouse, I had a light jacket with me. Of course, it was not enough. I wanted to bring my thick jacket instead but before we left home, Ruther said that my jacket was for winter. And I hesitated to bring it because I didn't want to look like a fool and wear a winter jacket when everyone was not similarly dressed. I should have remembered that this is Japan. No one cares what you wear here. And I should have brought my jacket. Well at least now I know better...

.....

There's something wrong with our stove. The other day, I tried turning it on and the whole apartment lost electricity. This happened before and since we have 2 burners (well, they look like hot plates actually) I use the other burner and after a few days, the other burner is okay again. But the other day, both burners weren't working. And no matter how many times I tried to fix the problem the fuse just kept turning off whenever I turned on the stove (Ruther says that's a safety feature). Finally, I just stopped trying all together and just fixed myself a sandwich. Ruther said he'll have the stove checked but that will most probably happen on Tuesday. For the meantime, we'll have to cook our food some other way. Knowing me, I'm sure we'll be able to manage.

.....

Been listening to Christmas songs the past few days. I know for some people it's still pretty early for Christmas carols but not in the Philippines. And I so love Christmas carols and Christmas songs. I've been listening to Ryan Cayabyab's Christmas album and it always, always gives me a happy feeling whenever I hear the lyrics and melodies I've heard all my life. I just love Christmas.

Here's some of the songs in the Pasko 1 album (Pasko is Christmas in Filipino:

PASKO I

Festive Filipino Christmas classics, all songs arranged & conducted by Ryan Cayabyab and performed by the San Miguel Philharmonic Orchestra and the San Miguel Master Chorale. Certified Gold Record. Under Sony-BMG Pilipinas.

  • Kampana ng Simbahan
  • Heto na Naman - music and lyrics by Ryan Cayabyab
  • Namamasko
  • Tuloy na Tuloy pa rin ang Pasko
  • Sa Paskong Darating
  • Maligayang Pasko at Manigong Bagong Taon (Ang Pasko ay Sumapit)
  • Kumukutikutitap
  • Mano Po Ninong, Mano Po Ninang
  • Noche Buena
  • Heto na Naman ang Pasko
  • Maligayang Pasko
  • Pasko na Naman

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the weather. It was really quite surprising to have this cold weather this early...

Tuesday's just around the bend so knowing you I know you'll find ways to prepare a delicious meal.

Ah, Christmas... I kinda miss Christmas in the Philippines.. ;)

Well, have a nice week ahead and stay warm!