Monday, November 17, 2008

I WANT A HAIRCUT!

I don't exactly know why but for some reason, I'm starting to hate my long hair. Which is weird because every time I look at my photos my hair seems to look okay but whenever I'm not, I feel as though it's messy or disheveled or lackluster or just hard to fix. Also, I feel as though I'm using up a lot of shampoo for my long tresses and in Japan, shampoo doesn't come cheap. Oh yeah, another thing, my hair is everywhere in the apartment! It gets stuck in the carpet, I see strands in the drain of the bathtub, and even in the laundry! Aaarrgh! It's just getting so bothersome. So now, I'm thinking of getting a haircut. I already asked Ruther if he could cut my hair but he refused. Not that he didn't want to, he just doesn't know how he says. I've been checking some magazines for a fresh style and I think I'm going to try something short. Probably the shortest haircut in my life. I know I might regret it later on (especially if it'll make me look fatter in the photos) but I know my hair will grow back in no time. So yeah, I think I'm going to go short. I don't want to get a Japanese haircut really, but rather a modified version of that. I know you're thinking"What the hell is that?!?!" with regards to the "Japanese haircut" thingy but once you step onto this country you'll get to see a lot of typical haircuts - Japanese style. Well, I don't want that. I want bangs, something manageable and easy to style and yet versatile. It could be casual but at the same time, I want to be able to fix my hair nicely for formal occasions. I definitely don't want a one-look haircut. Okay, I know the hairdresser will probably kill me with all my demands but hey! I'm going short this time. So it better be good.

Ooooh. I'm so excited!

.....

The other morning, I made Ruther a cup of coffee. While making some for me, he called out from the room, "Sweetie, could I have more sugar?" I said, "Sure!" and grabbed the sugar container. When I brought the sugar to him, he kissed me and said, "That was the sugar I meant." Isn't he sweet?

Okay, you can gag now. But I still wouldn't care. :)

.....

I wish I had all the time in the world to do the many things I want to do. I wish I could start working here in Japan, I wish I had a lot of time to blog, I wish I could find reading materials and lessons for our homeschooling in a snap (instead of 2 hours minimum), I wish I could learn Nihongo really fast, I wish I could bury my nose in books again (ahhh, books...), I wish I could cook more fanciful meals, I wish I could watch all the classical movies I've always wanted to watch, I wish I could take more interesting photographs, I wish we could finally have our autumn family photo... That's just the tip of the iceberg. There's still a lot (a whole lot) more but well, with shorter days and chores to do and taking care of the family, I guess I'll just have to prioritize and just take it a day at a time...

No comments: