Thursday, November 13, 2008

SUNNY AT LAST

We are having a sunny day at last. It's been so freakishly cold these past few days. Aside from having overcast days and cold winds, we've also had some rain. So it has been quite cold, especially at night. There have been times (several in fact) when I would wake up in the middle of the night with Ruther hogging the blanket. Unconsciously of course, but still! So now we each have our own blankie just so we don't end up tearing the blanket in two.

For the past 3 nights also, I noticed that I wake up around dawn. No, it's not Ruther's snores. It's because of the friggin' cold! So now,I always have the remote beside me before I go to bed and whenever I wake up to a frigid room, I just click on the remote and go back to sleep. Convenient, huh.

So far my allergies have not let up so I try to keep my skin moisturized as much as I can. Which can be difficult, I know. I suppose my biggest challenge would be to keep warm as best I can. I already go out with my thick coats and a muffler but I still feel quite chilled. And it's not even winter yet. So yeah, I suppose I'll have to start layering up and get those thermal inner wear. How Japanese girls go around in miniskirts and not feel cold is beyond me...

.....

Nikki has a loose tooth! Here's the story:

November 9, Sunday

Nikki: "Mommy! My tooth is wiggling!"
Mommy: "Really?!! Where?"
Nikki: "Here!" (shows me his lower incisor and wiggles it)
Mommy: "Wow! It really IS wiggly! Take care of your tooth, okay? When it comes off, we'll put it in a pouch for the tooth fairy and she'll give you money for your tooth."
Nikki: "Okay."


November 11, Tuesday

Nikki: "Mommy! My tooth came off!"
Mommy: "What?!?!"
Nikki: "Here it is!" (hands me the tiny tooth)

The end.


It was that fast, really. One day it was wiggling and then in an instant it was off. I suppose I should be thankful that Nikki didn't swallow the tooth or felt pain or was whiny or have problems related to the wiggly tooth. But I didn't expect it to come off that fast! There was no drama at all! (Which is how Ruther likes it, I believe.) But I still got to take photos of the tooth and Nikki's new smile. I made a small tooth pouch for the tooth fairy and he kept his tiny tooth in it. The next morning, he found a 100-yen coin in it! Quite a generous fairy, I must say. If we were back in the Philippines, the Pinoy fairy would be giving him a shiny 10-peso coin. Hahaha!

Anyway, I must say Nikki looks so much cuter with the gap in his smile. The permanent tooth is already peeking through the gum and I figure it will be just a few weeks before the other incisor starts to wiggle and come off as well. Hopefully that one will be another easy pull too.

Can't believe my little boy is growing so fast! *sob!*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Nikki for the huge toothy milestone!! My lost teeth were always huge productions...hours spent in front of the mirror wiggling them, and exclaiming over them, and wiggling them some more, until they finally couldn't stay in there any longer.

I definitely feel your pain with the cold weather. It's been much cooler around here lately, which wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't SO WINDY!!! Arg!! I hate the wind!!

I haven't been as visible around your blog lately, I've been relying more on my RSS reader. Sometimes it makes me feel very lazy, but I just can't help myself! :)