Tuesday, December 16, 2008

BUSY AGAIN

Things have become so unbelievingly busy these past weeks. Nikki had a bit of fever a few days back but he's all better now, thankfully. He does have a bit of cough right now but other than that, everyone's okay.

We also had to do osouji last week. Osouji is a "spring-cleaning" ritual for the Japanese so we had to make sure that everything in the apartment was spotless. That occupied a LOT of my time. But after the inspection, I can now breathe again. It's great to start blogging again. I wish I could blog everyday but with the chores and our homeschooling, sometimes my schedule gets messed up. Sigh.

.....

My sis gave me a copy of Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. Yup, THE first Twilight book. I know it's for "young readers" but who cares? I finished all the Harry Potter books. Anyway, the story is too cute. I mean, it's the love-at-first-sight, butterflies-in-your-tummy, twinkle-in-your-eyes, first-kiss sort of story. Well, it IS the first time they met after all. I must admit, it can be sappy (Twilight fans will kill me!) but I find the story intriguing just the same. So I suppose I'll just have to wait until I get my hands on the next book. Or borrow from my sister when we get home...

.....

We finally went to the public library last Saturday. And I now have my very own and very first public library card!! I'm so happy! I've been bugging Ruther to take me to the library for a-g-e-s! But well, he doesn't love the library as much as I do, I guess. I already borrowed 4 books (1 for Nikki and 3 for me) and I'm starting on my first book, Kathy Reichs' Bones to Ashes. In case you didn't know, Kathy Reichs is the author who inspired the tv series Bones (which I absolutely love!). The books are due on the 27th and hopefully I will be able to finish them all before then.

.....

We're planning to go to a snow resort this month. We haven't seen snow (the thick, covering-everything-in-sight kind) yet so we're currently looking for a nice place to visit and spend a day as a family. I'm both excited and worried. I'm excited because I haven't seen snow yet except for the few reeeally tiny flakes we witnessed falling from the sky last Jan 2007. Other than that, the only snow I experience/d is everytime I defrost the ref. So yeah, I'm excited. But I'm also worried because I don't want to freeze to death! Last night I was wearing 3 layers of clothes and I was indoors, for goodness' sake!! So it's definitely worrisome and I don't know how I'm going to enjoy frolicking in the snow without looking like a stay-puft marshmallow man (as Ruther put it mildly). But who cares. One day of extreme cold is worth seeing all that snow, I'm sure.

Right?

.....

Oh yeah, I have a new camera!!! Well, it's not brandnew. It's actually Ruther's old Nikon D50 (he has a D60 now) but if you've been following my blog you'll know that I'm a girl of simple joys. So yeah, I'm happy! I tried it out last Saturday when we went to Nogeyama Park and it was fun! Ruther got me a camera bag as well and I feel very cool with my new camera. So I guess from now on, I'll be taking my Nikon for photos and my Canon for videos. Simple yet complicated.

No comments: