Thursday, February 26, 2009

AFTER THE PARTY

Reunion

And so it's all over. The family reunion was last Sunday and it was crazy! I didn't know any of the other relatives (aside from the immediate family) so the color coded clothes made everything better. We were of course, dressed in green and the other families were in blue, yellow, and white. Since this was the first grand reunion organized, there were a lot of room for improvements beginning with the venue. It was too small, too hot and was just too blah. Also, the sound system was terrible!! The reverberating noise made my head ache. But putting all those aside, everyone had fun. Relatives rich and poor, near and far tried their best to come to the reunion and although some were late (like us!) no one minded. Anyway, I'm still pretty much confused with the whole family tree/dynamics so unless someone actually makes a (huge) family tree and shows me the diagram it's all a mess in my head. One of Ruther's uncles told me that the family is planning to make the reunion a once-every-two-years thing so I guess the next one will be sometime in February 2011. I already told Ruther about it and I suppose we'll have to make an effort to attend it. So now we have two years to save up for that.

Zamboanga

Now that everything has quieted down and some of Ruther's relatives have left the house, I'm now focusing on our upcoming trip to Zamboanga. We have started packing and Ruther has been reminding me not to forget anything (like the chargers, photography books, etc.). Well, I've checked and rechecked the bags and I have yet to pack the rest of the stuff like the laptop, the pasalubongs, and toiletries but other than that I think the bags are ready. My mom and dad are quite excited to see the boys and have been coming with suggestions on extending our stay (the first one was April 24 and the second was May 1) but I was firm in my decision about coming back to Manila on the 18th. As much as I love going home and seeing my parents and friends, there's just so much you can do in a small city like Zamboanga. Well, I AM looking forward to our planned family roadtrip (which is a first for me) so hopefully, that will break the boredom back home and create some pleasant change.

Hair dryer

I know this is a lame post but have to complain. I have to buy another hair dryer. I was drying my hair last Sunday for the reunion and in the middle of the drying and brushing it just suddenly died in my hands. It didn't smell or smoke or anything. It just died. I was pretty bummed about that because I wasn't done with the drying and styling and I don't have another hair dryer here at home. So grrr... Now I need to get another one because I'm not even sure if my mom has a hair dryer in Zamboanga. And what's the use of having short hair for the first time if you can't properly style it?

Grrrr...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, I love your hair, Sweetie.