Wednesday, March 04, 2009

NIKKI IS SICK

Yeah, my boy is sick. Not the fever kind but the cough kind. He also complained of dizziness this morning and he didn't want to get out of bed at all which meant he really was feeling bad because Nikki would not stay in bed at all if he was all better. So I felt really bad for him. I bought some paracetamol for him tonight to alleviate some of his headache and he did eat his dinner so I'm glad. I just hope his cough won't get worse in the next few days. If it doesn't let up, we'll have to go to a pediatrician soon for a check-up.

.....

We're in Zamboanga right now. So far so good. We arrived here last Monday and we almost spent the entire day sleeping because Ethan, Nikki and I didn't sleep well the night before. Nikki was restless because of his cough and Ethan was restless too because of his cold. And since the 2 were so restless and I had to make sure we woke up at 3am for our 550am flight to Zamboanga, I kept on waking up every 30 minutes or so. Finally at 240am I just got up and readied our bags. I couldn't doze properly in the plane too so when we arrived home we just changed and then I napped til lunchtime. After lunch, we did some more snoozing but the boys kept on waking me up so we were still pretty tired by 9pm. Sigh.

.....

My mom's brother and his wife are visiting (they came from Canada) so they are staying with us for a week. They are flying to Manila tomorrow so I only spent 2 days with them, bonding, catching up wityh stories, asking about my cousins who I haven't seen in 10 years and just trying to make the most of out short time together. It's actually nice to see relatives after so long. My uncle has been meaning to visit 5 years ago but things got busy in Canada so they only found time now. But, now that they have met all the (surviving) relatives and friends and seen the big changes in Zamboanga and Manila, they told me that the next time they come for a visit won't be in another 10 years. They'll come back in two years' time and maybe my cousins will be with them. I think that would be great. And who knows. Maybe Ruther and I will get to visit Canada in the future too. :)

No comments: