Friday, March 06, 2009

NEED PRAYERS

Nikki is feeling much better these days, thank goodness, but his cough hasn't disappeared completely yet. I'm hoping that he'll be improving this coming week so that he could get his appetite back and gain some weight. He's thinner now and that's what usually happens when Nikki is sick, even for just a few days. I hope he'll get heavier before we head back to Manila next month.

.....

Now that we are in Zamboanga, we are once more surrounded by dogs and pups. My mom has made them her babies after my brother (the youngest) went to Manila for college. So far the boys have met Shiro, Vanilla, Oreo, Chico, Serena and Wamba. I don't know the other dogs, who are kept at the back of the house. And my mom already gave away 2 pups to friends so you can only imagine how many dogs we have here. I supose it's good that our doggies are small because the house would be so crowded! Chico is the cutest as far as I could tell. But he currently has an eye infection on his right eye because a bigger dog fought him I guess. Poor pup. But my mom brought him to the vet already. I told her to have an eyepatch made for him so that he'll look real cute! Anyway Nikki enjoys giving the doggies treats. Ethan is a bit wary and always tells them to go away. Sigh. I guess he takes after my sis. :)

.....

I am feeling sad for my aunt. My mom just told me today that she will be undergoing an operation tomorrow to have her feet and perhaps part of her legs amputated because of infection brought about by diabetes. I feel very sad for my cousins. I know they are suffering right now and maybe are in despair. My aunt has been suffering for several years now and this is an extreme move that will surely break her spirit in half (she is not a strong woman) but I know that with her kids' support, she could still come out of this fighting. I hope that you will help me pray for my aunt and to at least help make this crisis bearable for her. All your prayers will be appreciated. God bless.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I'm sorry to hear that, Yette. I'm sure it is a very devistating decision, but I can assure you that she can still have a very full life even though wheelchair bound. It could even tap into an strength and determination she didn't know existed.

My father in law was a double amputee for the last few years of his life as a result of some heart problems and really bad atherosclerosis. He simply wasn't getting proper circulation to his feet. He lived a very full life in spite of it all. To the end, he remained a very strong and active presence in the family, and made up for his inability to walk by very strong upper-body strength. The week he died (at 76, I think it was) he lifted himself into his truck (which was outfitted to operate by hands-only controls much like a motorcycle) and went out 'recycling'. He would scour the desert looking for places people had illegally dumped old washers and dryers and such, and somehow get them into his truck, bring them home and take them apart, recycling all the scrap metals and such. It brought in a small income and made him feel like he was doing something for the community by keeping vacant land free of junk.

Anyway, I'll add your aunt to my prayers.