Wednesday, May 13, 2009

CHECKING THE LIST

I feel as though I have a lot to do these days. I'm really not complaining (and it feels great actually) but I feel that I have so little time to do everything.

Tomorrow we will be having our annual physical exam and that will be another check off my Things to Do List. I still have to bring Nikki to his hematologist (after I get the CBC results). I want to do this step because should we leave for Japan in July, I want to be sure that what happened in Zamboanga last month won't happen again. I have so many questions to ask him so I'll probably bring Nikki next week. Hopefully I'll be able to make an appointment.

I also have to check my clothes and the boys' clothes for shirts or pants that don't fit us anymore. I'm planning to give them to my mother-in-law's helper who lives in an impoverished town in Bicol and has a lot of friends there who need assistance. All those old clothes will surely be appreciated by the people living there. I also plan on checking for old toys, books and shoes. Hopefully, many will be able to find some use for those things.

Then, I have to have Nikki's eyes checked. I think he needs prescription lenses. He squints when he looks at objects from a distance. People say it's sad that his eyesight's bad while he's still at a young age, but I don't want my boy to feel that any of this is his fault - when it's not. People say it's because of video games and such. Well, that may be a factor but I don't think those things triggered it. Sometimes people don't think that Ruther and I have poor eyesight and Nikki's condition might be hereditary. I don't know. Sometimes, people can be so quick to judge or criticize. Anyway, on the brighter side, I think Nikki will look great with glasses. AND, if he does need glasses, I'll get him 2 pair and ones with detachable shades. This way his eyes will still be protected when he's out in the sun...

Then, the biggest job on my list is of course, our application for Japan. I already sent Ruther the documents needed for the application for the certificate of eligibility and hopefully he'll send that back (soon) with all the other documents we will need for our visa application. We're planning on submitting the documents for our visa next month (hopefully by the first or second week). And June is just a breath away! I'm so excited! I pray that everything will go well. Please help pray too, okay?

The other things I have to do are minor compared to these but I will still have to tick them off my list eventually. I dunno but seeing all those checked items on my list just gives me a happy feeling. :D

No comments: