Wednesday, May 13, 2009

HOT? NOT!

I hate calling those so-called hotlines in the Philippines. Whether I'm calling to make a reservation for a plane ticket or calling to inquire, it takes absolutely f o r e v e r for me to get through. And I'm a patient person! So what more if an impatient bloke (like my sweet husband) calls and he stays on the phone for more than an hour trying to get through?? It's just absolutely horrible!

Today I've spent such a long time on the phone my ears are hurting (still!) from transferring the receiver back and forth while waiting for my call to be picked up by a non-existent operator. I've been trying to call the PhilHealth office (ANY PhilHealth office) to ask about the application for reimbursement (regarding Nikki's hospitalization) but apparently, the only number listed with the operator was the main office. AND, when I tried calling that number, it just kept on ringing and ringing and ringing... I never got to talk with a single person. And I simply gave up. I mean, I didn't want to spend the rest of the afternoon on the phone. So tomorrow I'm heading to the Las Pinas PhilHealth office to make my inquiry personally. The thing that really bums me out is that I really HATE going unprepared. I want to always be prepared, you know? It's just who I am. Going to PhilHealth tomorrow with no idea what requirements or documents I need really irritates me. So now I'll be bringing all sorts of papers just to make sure I submit everything they ask for. I hope that I won't have to wait long there. Another thing I hate is unnecessarily long queues.

Wish me luck...

No comments: