Sunday, May 03, 2009

FAMILY DAY AT TAGAYTAY

Since mom and dad are here in Manila, we went to Tagaytay today for some fun. The weather was wonderfully pleasant and not a single raindrop fell today. My dad actually had to attend a golf tournament at Tagaytay Highlands so the rest of us made our way to Picnic Grove and tried out Zipline. It was really fun! The moment Ethan saw the people zipping past us, he got all excited and was raring to go. So my sis decided to accompany him. They were the first to go. I took their photos of course, and Ethan was all smiles. He was sooo cute! Nikki was my partner and I thought I was going to freak out because I am sooo afraid of heights but I think having him with me plus the urge to take photos during the ride shattered that fear. It was a short trip to the end of the line but it was exhilarating. I didn't even have the urge to scream. The ride was too short to embarrass myself. Besides, I had to take in as much of the view as I could. After us, came my brother and Ethan was hopping up and down beside me with excitement as I took photos. Shortly after, my brothers-in-law Russ and Ron were next in line. Like my brother, they rode the zipline in a prone position so they were like a couple of superguys zipping through the air. My mom refused to try it out. She said that she would be too nervous. We all goaded her but she wouldn't budge. Sigh... Ethan was the most excited of us all. He's only 5 but he got to ride the zipline twice! I told Ruther all about it tonight and we are both so proud of him! We hope that Ethan will not lose that sense of adventure and he will always want to try new things. And we hope that Nikki will learn from Ethan and not be overly cautious about everything. Anyway, it's been a long day so I'll end here. Tomorrow we're off to Subic so we gotta get some shut eye now. But before I say bye, here's a souvenir photo of me and Nikki:



PS. I had to remove my flipflops because I didn't want them to fall off! :)

No comments: