Saturday, May 16, 2009

SUMMER TALK

May is halfway over. In just a few weeks summer in the Philippines will be over and students will once more traipse to school in their uniforms and bags and school supplies. But not us. We'll still be homeschooling. :D

.....

Once summer is over in the Philippines, it will just be the start in Japan. Ruther said that our summer will surely be extended this year if we make it to Japan in July. Of course, I wouldn't mind. Whether it's the boiling hot of summer or the frigid cold of winter, as long as it means reuniting my family, we'll be there. And that's that.

.....

Most of the Philippines has had only a month of summer thanks to the typhoons that visited the country in April. So the usual summer spots (pools, resorts) will surely be jampacked this month, with school starting in just a few weeks. Nikki has been asking to go to 8 Waves Resort in Bulacan (north of Manila) and I've been thinking about it but instead of going this month, I'm considering bringing the boys in June when it'll be less crowded. I really can't back out of this because I promised him we would go when he was all better. And a promise is a promise. But with this current heat (it's SO hot!!!) and the crowd of people, I'm thinking, June will be a better month for us. Well, we'll see how the weather turns up these next few days...

No comments: