Thursday, May 28, 2009

WITH HIS SPECS NOW

Today I went to the clinic and finally got Nikki’s glasses. I was so excited for him to try them on but at the same time I was worried because I didn’t know if it was going to take some time for him to adjust to his glasses. Anyway, after I got home, I bathed the boys and then I let Nikki lie on the bed and try on his specs. I thought that if he adjusted slowly, he might not complain too much about them. So he carefully looked around and I asked him if he was dizzy and if it was too new for him he could just close his eyes for a few minutes and then open them again. He didn’t complain, which was a surprise. Nikki is usually very particular about new things/changes but this morning, he was quite happy with his new glasses. After a few minutes, I asked him again if he was dizzy and he said no so I told him he could sit up. He then proceeded to go about his business and I was really amazed. I thought it was going to take days, even weeks for him to get used to his glasses but he just put them on and he was good to go. Really amazing (and of course, I thanked God for this little miracle). I did notice though that the glasses would slide off his nose from time to time but other than that, he was all right. I’m thinking of getting him spare ones next week for when he’s running around because this one slips off his little nose when he moves around a lot. Also, I’m thinking of having shades made for him too. Just because he’s starting to wear glasses doesn’t mean he can’t be fashionable, right? Anyway, tonight, Ruther saw Nikki with his glasses on and he was okay with the frame although he did agree that Nikki will need a pair that was more snug on his face. So I suppose we’ll be doing that next week.

No comments: