Monday, July 06, 2009

MOVIE TIME

Today I brought Nikki to the the movie theatre. It's his first time. He was supposed to watch The Incredibles at the theatre but he got scared and never went through with it. I think he was around 5 then. Anyway, a few days ago I told Nikki that I was going to take him to the movies to watch Ice Age 3. He's quite familiar with the story already so I was sure he was not going to wonder about the characters. I decided to leave Ethan at home because (being wary of the dark) I was sure he was going to put up a fuss. We left the house at a few minutes past 10 and when we got to the mall, we found out that that movie was going to start at 11:15. So we bought some food first and some snacks. At 11am we headed back, bought our tickets which cost P132 each, and went inside the theatre. We were the only people inside so I quickly decided to take Nikki's photo to document his first time inside the moviehouse. Nikki wasn't scared at all. He was fascinated, in fact. He looked about him and he was really interested in the small windows at tha back where the projector was. Anyway, a few minutes after that, the trailers started and after the 5th or sixth one, Nikki commented, "Why isn't the movie starting?" I explained to him that they were showing future movies. It's just too bad that they didn't show the trailer of the movie Up. It would have been nice to see that. Anyway, once the movie began Nikki just watched it all. He of course, couldn't help talking about certain scenes in the movie and he would forget to keep his voice low but I would just whisper to him to just talk softly so as not to disturb the other moviegoers. Anyway, we loved the movie. It was funny and it was nice to see the pack grow with Peaches. Personally, I love Peaches.

Anyway, I'm having some misgivings on taking Ethan to the movie theatre because I think he's really not ready for it yet. For one thing, he dislikes new and unfamiliar places. Secondly, he doesn't like the dark and lastly, he doesn't like it when a place gets too loud. But Ruther wants me to try at least just so Ethan will have an idea how it is inside the mall. Well, we'll have to see how that turns out then...

No comments: