Thursday, July 02, 2009

IS IT SUMMER AGAIN?

It's gotten so warm the past few days you'd think it was summer in the Philippines again. My sister and I were walking home from the mall one time and we were complaining about the humidity and the really warm wind. It was not comfy at all. Lately, I've resorted to turning on the air conditioning in the afternoons to keep the boys cool. I just don't want to risk getting the boys sick with this A(H1N1) virus all over the metro. I remember a time when the boys were little, I would turn the aircon on for an hour or so in the middle of the day and then just use the fan to keep us cool for the rest of the afternoon. But I didn't realize that the humidity and terrible hot weather could affect us even within the house. So the boys developed a cough then (dry cough) and I got so scared. Now, I don't want to risk that again. So in the afternoons, I gauge the temperature outside (we need a thermometer badly I know) and turn on the aircon for a maximum of 3 hours. I usually turn it on at 1pm and then set it on timer for 1 1/2 hour initially. If it's still too hot, I leave it on for another hour or so. By 4pm, it gets a whole lot cooler so we could use the fan/s confortably at around that time. We never got used to using misters here in the Philippines which I think is sad because we need it really bad. The first time the boys and I experienced misters was at Tokyo Disneyland and it was so refreshing. I think the malls and establishments around here should think of putting misters as well. I think it would be a great idea.

.....

I love watching Pucca every afternoon. Disney Channel recently added that new tv show to their schedule and every afternoon at 5 Nikki and I watch it. It's pretty funny and Pucca is so cute. I think I was like her for a time. Haha! But really, I think she's adorable if not extremely moody. Makes me want to have a Pucca doll.

Hmmm...

No comments: