Friday, August 14, 2009

WHEN IN ROME...

Well, not exactly Rome. But while I'm in Japan might as well try some Japanese "things".

I bought a pair of false eyelashes the other day. If you didn't know already, I hardly have eyelashes on my eyelids. Okay, that's an exaggeration but really, my eyelashes are almost non-existent. It's actually a crime for one eyelash to fall off despite being a natural physiological thing. Ruther's eyelashes are longer than mine and I suppose it's a good thing the boys got their eyelashes from him.

Anyway, here in Japan, I'm suspecting almost all the women have tried using false eyelashes at one time or another. So I thought, why not? Might as well check the "used false eyelashes" on my list of ___ Things To Do Before I Die list. Anyway, I got the simplest pair of false eyelashes I could find. I mean, I'm willing to try it but not necessarily experiment, if you get my drift.

The kit I bought even came with a small tube of glue. Convenient.

That evening, I tried putting one on just to see how easy/difficult it would be to attach it to my eyelash, and of course, to check my initial look. After a minute or two of glueing one onto my eyelashes, I asked Ruther how it looked. At first he said he couldn't tell but after batting my eyes he said it was okay. Looking carefully at my right eyelid, I must admit, I felt really girly. Although after blinking rapidly for a few seconds the lash started to come off, I'm pretty sure it's because I put too little glue on it (was afraid I would have an allergic reaction).

Anyway, trying on one eyelash wasn't a complete success but give me a few more practices and I'll be walking the streets of Yokohama with long curly eyelashes.

Can't wait.

2 comments:

Becky said...

I've long suffered with short eyelash syndrome, too. I've always been intrigued by the false eyelashes, but have never attempted it due to the glue. I've seen some people who pull it all off really well. As in you'd have to really be expert to know they were even false.

My boys have lovely lashes, too...what's up with that?

Becky said...

You da mom! He probably thinks that is the COOLEST thing ever, too.

I will always admire that our pastor and his wife wisely chose their battles with their daughters and allowed them the 'freedom' to do whatever they wanted wtih their hair. It changed colors and went through drastic cuts over the years, but it always grew back...and as adults, they've mellowed considerably.

I look at it this way...I'd much prefer my kid having interesting hair than piercings and tatts, lol.

I usually give my guys haircuts, too...and know that it saves TONS of money.