Monday, September 21, 2009

SWIMMING AT CALAMBA

We had a pretty tiring day today. Tiring but fun.

Tomorrow is Papa's birthday and since it's a holiday today, the family thought that it would be best to celebrate his day today instead of tomorrow so that we could go out as a family. The suggestion? Swimming at Laguna. I really didn't mind because I was quite sure the boys would have lots of fun.

So, thinking about the (hot) weather, I thought it would be best for us to go to Monte Vista. We've been there before and they had a lot of covered pools and semi-covered pools so at least we wouldn't end up looking too dark after the frolic in the pool and hot sun. Unlike Caucasians, we usually end up turning a chocolatey brown instead of tan after staying several hours under the sun so it's not very pleasant esthetically (well for me, at least). A getting some tan lines is all right and it's nice to be browned a bit but other than that, I would prefer to stay out of the sun.

Anyway, as expected, the boys enjoyed the swim. I also had fun but by late afternoon my enthusiasm dissipated because of some rowdy high schoolers. Really, I couldn't help but turn a stern look their way whenever they would do silly things in the pool. But other than that, the boys and I had a blast.

On the way home however, I developed a headache and it's actually still here as I type this so I suppose that's a sign for me to go to bed now.

More news tomorrow!!!

No comments: