Friday, September 18, 2009

MAKING MY LIST

I've started my Christmas list. It's never too early to make a Christmas list, right?

Well, I decided to gift the little kiddies this year and for the big kids (mostly from Ruther's maternal cousins) they'll have to settle for some food/snacks instead. I'll still be getting Ruther's godchildren their presents of course, and mine as well so I've added them to the list. I already started buying presents and so far it's lookin' good. I'm planning to give some raisin cookies per family and wrap them prettily in recycled paper. (Focus on the word "prettily" there). Anyway, still have a few months to complete the shopping and wrapping and until our Christmas tree is up, those presents won't be anywhere about, that's for sure!

.....

I'm now trying to do the mature thing and move on. I mean, I can only dwell so much on my problems but I don't want to die of a heart attack. Anyway, I'm now trying to focus on Christmas instead, which is only a few months away, thank god. If Ruther comes home then, this year wouldn't be as bad as it has already been.

Am keeping my fingers crossed. Keep yours crossed as well for good measure.

.....

Because of the latest crazy situation we've been in, the boys and I haven't been doing much homeschooling. And I feel so irresponsible in that respect. So I'm now planning on enrolling Nikki in a homeschool program here in Manila. I've already made initial inquiries and hopefully, Nikki will be enrolled by next month or so. Maybe it's about time as well since Nikki will be turning 8 in November and he's starting to be more confident in doing worksheets by himself. He used to be so worried about making mistakes that he would always ask me to stick by him and check every stroke he made. I suppose it's time to start moving things along. I just hope we'll retain the flexible schedule we have currently. I'm thinking Nikki will either adapt to the schedule or hate it. We'll see...

.....

Watched So You Think You Can Dance and Bones tonight. These are a couple of shows that truly make me happy when I watch them. Really. SYTYCD is just a lot of fun and laughs and until the top 20 dancers are chosen, it's just hilarious watching the early part of the auditions. Forensics has always interested me so it's no surprise that I love Bones. But what's so enjoyable about it is the story. I just love the characters (more than the book, I might add) and the episodes. They are just really fun to watch. I'm still sad that Zach had to go but I still love the show. I've let go of some shows over the years like American Idol, Lost, etc. because they've either become less interesting or the stories just got too boring or confusing and I don't regret ditching those shows. I'm happy with better tv shows like Bones and SYTYCD. Looking forward to next week's episodes! :D

No comments: