Monday, October 05, 2009

FOR THE TYPHOON VICTIMS

Today, we pretty much just sorted through our many things around the house to donate to the victims of Typhoon Ondoy. We got quite a lot of old clothes so we put some in a box along with some medicine, utensils, footwear, towels, noodles, canned goods and toiletries. I even added 3 old but still usable pillows (with pillowcases) in the box. I figured, those people will need a good night’s sleep after losing much of their things. I know what we gave is not enough to ease their suffering but I’m hoping that together with the millions of people who donated from their hearts, it will be enough to cheer them up, at least for a few days.

.....

Yesterday was game day for us. We got to play tumble-O, then some Wii, then some bingo. Ethan did his puzzles and I took his photo. We also played some tickling games which the boys loved. Then Nikki and I played a race game using some of their toy vehicles. I picked a slow truck so naturally, Nikki won everytime. I don’t think that was a good move. Nikki hates to lose. It was fun to have a day of craziness and laughter. It would have been more fun if Ruther were here, I suppose…

No comments: