Sunday, October 04, 2009

LUCKY... AND NOT

We (people in Manila) are lucky that the typhoon did not hit us as expected. However, I cannot say the same for other parts of Luzon that were affected by the storm. People still need a lot of help so I hope that good-hearted citizens will continue to give and share to these people in need.

.....

I have decided to cut down on the number of tv shows that I've been watching lately. I feel as though I'm spending too much time watching shows and not doing anything else. Now that most of the tv shows have new seasons, I'm thinking of only watching those shows that I really want to and perhaps watch the others next time. With all the things I need to do right now, I think this is a good decision.

.....

It's October. Can't believe how slow time can be. Been trying to keep myself preoccupied and so far I'm doing okay. But then again, despite being preoccupied, I still can't sleep at night. I'm still wide awake at 3am and I still feel as though I need to do a lot more to let time fly by. Sometimes I have so much in my mind I feel I need a personal secretary so I could just dictate my thoughts and have it written down. I don't like recording my voice because I don't like the way it sounds. I wish I could organize my mind and my thoughts like a perfectly-labeled planner. I wish I could shelve some of my emotions and distance myself from those that affect and hurt me on a daily basis. I wish I had the tenacity to be strong and hard and callous when the situation calls for it. I don't know why I was created with a sensitive soul and I don't know if that'll be the death of me. Sometimes I look into the mirror and I once more don't recognize the girl in there. Sometimes, she's lost, sometimes she's drowning. And I'm not sure if anyone is paying attention and willing to save her.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I hear ya with the TV and other media diversions. I really have to limit myself or time gets away from me completely. I usually make myself get my daily chores and other important tasks done first thing and reward myself with a little time on the computer. Works pretty well for me most of the time.

Yette...while there are always those people in our lives who love and care about you, I know that when folks get busy, it can feel like they have forgtotten (though in reality they haven't, they've just gotten busy). God says in His word in Hebrews 13:5b, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you". And He alone can save you. Acts 2:21 says, "And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." In times of despair, cry out to Jesus. He's just a prayer away!