Sunday, October 18, 2009

GETTING BETTER

I've just recovered (or am recovering) from a bout of a certain skin disease (which I will not say here lest I die of embarrassment) which has bothered me since last week and I am quite happy that it's now starting to go away. Talk about slow torture. Anyway, I'm just so glad that I'm on the road to recovery and hopefully, I will never have this darn thing again. E V E R.

.....

We can't get enough of the puppies. But we're still scared to go near them because we're not sure how Chowchow (the mom) would react if we borrow one of her newborn pups. But I really really want to get all 5 pups and just take endless photos of them. Maybe tomorrow I could do that. I might need some help distracting Chowchow though. Hopefully, we'll be able to sneak the pups away without her knowing. Hopefully...

.....

Been taking another course which will hopefully benefit me in the future. I'm actually quite excited to finish it, although I only took the basic course. I'm taking the TEFL: Teaching English as a Foreign Language. I figured that if I really wanted to do this a few months from now, I might as well prepare for it and get a certificate at least. Initially, I thought of taking the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language). But when I compared the TOEFL and the TEFL, they cost almost the same and if I pass the TOEFL exam, it would be only good for 2 years. So I figured, why not take the TEFL instead? I'd learn a lot, I'd spend only as much as the TOEFL exam and at the same time, be certified to teach. Not bad, right? So now, I'm 20% done with my course. Hopefully I'll be completely done in a few months. And then maybe I could apply for a job overseas. Who knows? It's time for our luck to turn around...

1 comment:

Becky said...

Perhaps this will be a stepping stone for you guys to all be together once again.

Sorry I haven't been around in a while...we've had a big situation in our lives that demanded lots of my attention and, if you can believe it, I would go to bed for several nights in a row without even checking my emails I had so little time.


Do try and get photos of the puppies! I'm sure the boys are beyond excited. That's an experience every kid needs...to be able to see a mommy dog or cat and their litter and to get to watch as their eyes open and they learn to explore, etc. Fun stuff. I still remember two vivid experiences of that from my own childhood.