Friday, October 02, 2009

OUR BUNNIES


These are our new bunnies! The white one is Taro and he’s a boy. The other colored one is Aiko and she’s a girl. We gave them Japanese names, obviously. Aren’t they cute? We’ve been researching the ‘net on the proper way of taking care of bunnies and we’re learning all the time. This is our third time to own a rabbit. The first one, Sushi, died because it was too weak. The second, White Paw died when we were away I think we were in Japan then and we suspected that it was because he was overweight and lacked exercise (it was because we constantly gave him rabbit pellets which is discouraged, we found out recently). Now that we have a pair, I we are more careful with the care and diet. They are quite a handful though and very naughty but we love them. Nikki is learning to be more responsible in watching and feeding them although I have to admit that he still hates sweeping their poop up. Still it’s wonderful to see him have this affection for animals. More bunny photos soon!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Oh, they're soooo cute! I'll bet the boys are having a wonderful time with them.

I understand they love greens...they would always get in my grandmas garden when I was a kid and nibble at her lettuces. My sister fed hers alfalfa pellets supplemented with veggies from the garden, as they need the enzymes and roughage from fresh food to be able to digest the pellets properly. She always swept up all their poo and put it out in the compost pile which she kept to fertilize her flowerbeds and such.