Friday, October 02, 2009

BEING PREPARED

The super typhoon Pepeng is expected to hit Manila today. As of this minute (514pm), it's really dark outside and it's starting to shower. According to news reports, this typhoon is almost as strong as Hurricane Katrina, will hit Manila around 9pm tonight and will probably last til Saturday morning. I do hope that people will be more prepared this time. We cannot stop typhoons and storms from happening but we surely can prepare for disaster.

I've already stocked on food and necessities here at home. I've prepared batteries, made sure everything that needs to be charged has been charged, and I've somehow done something to minimize the leaks in the boys' room (although I have yet to see tonight how effective my makeshift receptacle will be). I am still hoping that the super typhoon will not be as devastating as everyone believes it to be...

.....

My mom and sis watched the So You Think You Can Dance Season 5 Concert Tour in Canada!!!! Oh I am SOOO jealous!! They were seated quite close to the stage and it was wonderful to see the Top 10 dancers do their well-loved numbers. I just saw the photos and they were wonderful. According to my sister, that was the best experience she had in Canada so far. Well, yeah!!! I would too if I watched the tour!!

.....

I feel so bad for the kids who are suffering from the recent Typhoon Ondoy. I watched the news last night and a boy was crying because he lost all his books and supplies for school. He then proceeded to say that he can't go to school anytime soon because they lost their home and needs to help his parents earn money. Imagine that?!? A little boy thinking about things like that?!? It was so sad. He said that he helps his parents by pumping water for people who need it and gets paid P20 (approx. US$.43). He also sold his rubber band collection just so they would have extra money. Isn't that absolutely sad? Anyway, the news story goes on with a foundation giving him new school supplies and books and some food and money for him and his family. I hope that good souls will help the poor people here in the Philippines who have been affected by the typhoon. I know very well that we cannot rely on our goverment anymore so I'm hoping that other people with kind hearts and a good lives could give a little to help them.

.....

Typhoon Ondoy (Ketsana) in the Philippines... Earthquake in Indonesia... Tsunami in Samoa... Is Mother Earth trying to tell us something??

Think about it.

No comments: