Thursday, March 25, 2010

BAD HEADACHES

I've been having headaches lately. I think it's because of the summer heat. It's been so terribly warm these past few days. Yesterday I had a nasty nasty headache and I was in such a grumpy mood poor Ruther had to message me frequently to cheer me up and make me feel better. Today I had a little headache but before it could escalate into a migraine, I turned on the AC for a few minutes just to keep my head cool. I also had to take a nap because I got so terribly sleepy this afternoon. It did me a world of good (although I feel like I'm getting sleepy now).

Anyway, I try not to resort to taking meds immediately when I feel a headache coming on. I would do massages or apply mild liniments first or take a cool shower before finally taking paracetamol should the headache prove to be intolerable after a few hours. I hope my headaches don't recur any more. It's just so bothersome...

.....

I started crocheting some baby stuff. I made a little cap, a bib, a bottle bag and a swaddling blanket. The blanket is only half-done because I ran out of the tricolored yarn. Too bad. I was on a roll and I suddenly had to stop because the store where I bought the yarn in the first place did not have the yarn I needed in stock. That was just too bad. Anyway, I'm planning to make a little onesie as well. Don't know how that's going to turn out since it'll be my first time to do that. I just hope I don't waste any yarn in the process. I'll post some photos tomorrow...

.....

My tummy is definitely bulging out more now. Which I think is weird because I'm (guessing I'm) only in my 11th week. So it's either I'm eating too much (which I hope isn't happening) or my tummy is just big to begin with (and I don't know what to feel about that!). Anyway, I suppose as long as the baby is normal and healthy, I shouldn't be too worried, right?

My relatives in Canada found out from my sister that I'm with child. Told her to email them for me and my aunt was very pleased with the news. Since a cousin of mine there recently had a baby, I asked my aunt if I could have the baby clothes and stuff they no longer needed and maybe some of the maternity stuff as well. They were planning on sending a box home anyway (in 2 months' time) so I figured I could make use of those stuff instead of having to spend for those things here. It would be a big help, really. Besides, with this being my last pregnancy I have no desire to buy maternity clothes any more! I still have some of my maternity clothes from before so I suppose they would do. As for the baby stuff, we'd buy some essential things but whatever friends and family could give us would always be welcome. I'm not a picky sort of person.

.....

I'll be going to the OB-GYN tomorrow for my second check-up. I hope everything goes well. My doctor is Ruther's aunt so I'm quite comfy with her. She was my doctor when I gave birth to Nikki and Ethan so why not this time, right? She's very matter-of-fact and very straightforward and I like her like that. Anyway, since we'll be at the mall tomorrow, we might as well make it a bonding time for me and the boys. Maybe have pizza or something. :D

1 comment:

Becky said...

I got headaches early in my pregnancies, too. Part of it was that I wasn't getting enough water to stay properly hydrated, and I was borderline anemic. Had to boost my dietary iron intake.

So glad you have a good, reliable doctor!