Sunday, March 21, 2010

STILL MISSING...

I miss Japan a lot. I've been thinking about it these past few days and I realize that it's never been out of my system since the very first time I went to that country. Every little thing that reminds me of that place just make me want to leap on a plane and go there. I just miss it so much.

After living there for more than a year (collectively), I just know that my family could be happy there. I just know that it would be wonderful to live in a great country together. I know of course, that there will some inconveniences from time to time (like how to go to a movie without the kids) but I'm sure, as always, we'd be able to manage. To be honest, when we were in Japan, I didn't feel homesick at all. I got to talk to my family through Skype, we'd email each other regularly, when we want Filipino dishes we'd go to a Filipino store for supplies/food, and most importantly, we had our family intact so I never felt like I needed anything else. Plus, the people in Japan were so kind and friendly that I never felt like the language was much of a problem.

I miss Japan so much, even if i couldn't take the winter cold sometimes, or if I didn't know what to cook for the family anymore, or if I always worried about our homeschooling. It was difficult but I was so happy. And I just know in my heart that that's the place where I would want to live with my family eventually.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I love the new look!!! LOVE IT!!! :)

Becky said...

I don't blame you one bit! When you're with your husband and kids...that IS home, wherever that is.

Praying and hoping you'll be able to live together again permanently very soon.