Thursday, March 18, 2010

EVERYTHING BABY

Now that I've seen the baby through ultrasound I can't deny it any more. I can't say "It was probably a false positive" or like in Glee, "it might be a hysterical pregnancy". Nope. Can't deny it any longer. A baby is growing inside me and in a few months, we'll have another addition to the family.

Of course I'm still hoping it's going to be a girl. If I can't admit that to myself then I suppose I'm simply deluded. I just think it would be wonderful to have a baby girl in the family, you know. And it would great to finally be pretty during a pregnancy. Having two boys did weird things to my face while I was pregnant. Really weird.

Anyway, I've started buying some onesies (and mittens) for the baby. Just 4 pieces though coz I still have some of Nikki and Ethan's baby clothes. I've yet to see how many we have at the moment and I'm sure we'll still be getting more later on (in the form of presents). It would be great to dress the baby with cute clothes if it turns out to be a girl. Just imagine the possibilities. :D

I have to plan ahead and check what other baby things we have in the house. We still have a couple of strollers, baby blankets, cloth diapers, but we gave away the crib years before. No matter. I'm sure the baby will be sleeping with us on the bed. I know that in some places this is a no-no but believe me, in the Philippines, it's a natural thing to do. I've had Nikki and Ethan sleep with Ruther and me on the bed and no harm has come to them. I just hope the baby won't be fussy...

.....

I've started crocheting again. I've already made a baby beret and I hope it'll fit the baby's head. I started making a swaddling blanket but ran out of crochet yarn (I need 4 more) so that's on hold for now. I'm now making a onesie and so far it's progressing nicely. Will post photos when I'm done with some of my crochet projects.

.....

Ruther tells me that he'll be home May 29. It seems not too far along but it feels like such a long time. Sigh.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I hope it's a little girl, too.

A friend of mine just found out she and her hubby are expecting for the first time, and it took 9 (yes, NINE) pregnancy tests and a doctor to finally convince her, lol.