Sunday, April 18, 2010

LAST CLASS

Nikki's summer swim class has taken up much of our time lately. His class is everyday for 10 days (except Sundays) so by the time we get home after his class around 1130 or so, I would have to prepare lunch then bathe Ethan and then spend the rest of the afternoon homeschooling or letting the boys do some learning activities and of course, have their naptime. By evening, I would do some chores (it's just too hot to clean during the day) and then it's showertime for everyone. At around 830pm here, we would have our video chat with Ruther which would last around 45 minutes to an hour and a half sometimes. After our chat, I would either catch up on my shows and then it's time for bed at 12. Yup, we sleep kinda late here but I really don't mind because we always nap in the afternoons.

Anyway, Nikki's last swim class will be tomorrow and after that he could rest his body a bit. He's had fever the other day and missed a day of swim class but made-up for it the next day with a 2-hour session. Unfortunately, I think the 2 hour class took its toll on his body and he's now coughing. Sigh. And he had fever again last night. He's a bit better today and I hope that he'll be ok tomorrow for his last class. I know he'll be sad to end his lessons but I will be glad for him to get some much-needed rest for a change. Don't want him to get any sicker!

.....

I need to go to the dentist. A new one. My previous dentist's restoration on my upper right front tooth was just lousy. The first time she did it, the restoration came off when I flossed! And then now, a few months after, I have a small hole where the restoration used to be. There's no subtle way of putting it, she's just a really bad dentist. Anyway, I'm planning to go to the dentist this Thursday. I hope our medical card covers the treatment.

.....

My tummy is now 39 inches big. And I could definitely feel some kicking (or hitting) from the baby every now and then. I've been having less cravings and less headaches (thank goodness!) and my backaches haven't been that bad (yet!). So, am hoping of breezing through this 4th month as calmly as I could possibly can.

.....

Ethan lost 2 of his milk teeth - one last night and another a few days ago. My boy is not a baby anymore! I feel somewhat elated and worried that my boys are just growing so fast. I mean, even if I'm with them 24/7 I still feel I need to be with them more. Does that even make any sense? I sometimes feel there's just so much I haven't taught them, that we haven't experienced together, that we need to do as a family. And sometimes I feel like time is running out on me. I mean, I'll be 40 in a few years. It's no use trying to sugarcoat it. I know I'm going to have to try to just parent my kids the best way I know how. Hopefully, God will give me a good many years to spend with my kids and Ruther.

No comments: