Wednesday, April 28, 2010

SIZZZZLING...

It's been SO TERRIBLY HOT this summer and I really hate it. And yes, I mean "hate". It isn't pleasant at all being pregnant in this weather. I just wish summer would end already so the rainy season would bring some relief from all this heat!! I have been showering 4 times a day just to keep cool and to keep my headaches at bay. The boys spend mornings and afternoons in their pool and I don't blame them. We can't use the AC anymore because our electricity bill is horrendous! P8,800 for this month!! Imagine that?!?! I can't imagine where the consumption happens but it's just atrocious!!

We would happily spend time in a mall just to stay away from the summer heat but that only means more expense (who goes to the mall without spending for food or stuff?!). Sigh. I absolutely hate summer. And I hate El Nino. And I hate global warming!

.....

Last night, I met up with some of my High School friends and their families. Out of the blue, Glenda SMS'd me and asked if we could have a get together because our classmate Irene is in Manila for a few days (she lives in Cebu). I said yes after telling Ruther about it. Glenda picked me and the boys up at a nearby mall and we headed for SM Mall of Asia. We ate at a seafood restaurant and even if there were only 6 of us, Glenda, Ritza, Irene, Jasmin Abbie and myself, it was a lot of fun and we were all so noisy (as usual). Anyway, after dinner we strolled for a bit by the bay and took photos. This is the first time I've met up with my friends after so long (excluding Glenda who I see yearly). It was really great. I hope to see more of them again. :)

.....

My pregnancy is going along fine. Except for the bothering heat, I'm coping quite well. I could definitely feel the baby kicking and it kicks a lot! Am still hoping for a girl. I still want to be pretty. My friends last night all gushed that they hope we would have a girl and I feel the same way. I just think it would be wonderful. I lost my cravings this month, but who knows later on? Ethan is starting to kiss my tummy and to acknowledge that we're going to have a baby later on. I think that's good. So he's prepared and wouldn't think, "where did this baby come from?" He's a jealous guy. He sometimes doesn't want me and Ruther to hold hands!! Silly boy. :D Anyway, a few more weeks and then we'd finally know...

.....

I am so hating politics in the Philippines. I just think it's so crooked. You don't know whom to trust and once election's over promises are forgotten. That's why I'm staying out of all the election fever. And I'm not voting either. I'm not registered (we were in Japan when the registration took place) and besides, I don't have a candidate in mind. I know it's very apathetic but I really don't give a @*#^.

3 comments:

Jon Dohe said...

Install a celing fan - and open all the windows - I bet that works for you too - I'm doing it right now in Cebu..
By the way, have you ever heard about yummy-cebu.com? I hear they just started a new contest called Mama's day out!

Becky said...

Last year when our AC was out, we installed a set of misters (basically a hose with little misting nozzles along it's length placed about 12 inches apart) out back. In the heat of the day, we'd go sit outside, turn those misters on and just relax for a bit. It did seem to help, and didn't cost as much as AC.

My brother in law always used to do this thing where he would open a window at one end of the house (far from where you're working) and put a fan pointing out the window. Then in a window nearby where you're working or whatever, put a fan facing into the room. The general idea is that the fans pull the air through the house (much like a duct system) keeping fresh air blowing through if nothing else.

Glad to hear the kiddos are adapting to the idea of a new baby.

Amy said...

I just wanted to pop in and say hi! I haven't been commenting as much lately because there's be a lot going on that I haven't felt free to talk about, and when I can't say what I'm thinking in one area, it makes me less chatty in general. But hopefully all that is getting progressively better. :)

When can you find out if you're having a girl or boy?? :) :) :) :)