Wednesday, December 15, 2010

FIRST THINGS FIRST

Well, I gave birth! Last September 20. His name is Dylan Mackenzie and he's turning 3 months on the 20th... I know... I should have blogged sooner but you have NO idea about the busy-ness around here. It's just got completely out of hand! And I only have 3 kids!! I always wonder how the Duggers do it...

Anyway, here's a photo of our little tyke:

Enzo at 1 month. He's got lots of hair!


Now that I have three boys to take care of (not including Ruther), it's just been so crazy! I have had to adjust again, plus, homeschooling certainly did not make things easier. Also, I decided to try breastfeeding this time because I didn't get to do that with Nikki and Ethan. Once I got past the first month of pain (and I mean P>A>I>N), we're now breastfeeding nicely. I guess I had to give it a go with Enzo being our last baby...

It's wonderful having a baby again. I stare at Enzo all day and still can't get enough of him. It's like he just suddenly appeared out of nowhere! I just love him to bits.

The boys are all over him too. I'm happy to report that there is no rivalry whatsoever among my sons. Which is very reassuring.

After I gave birth, I had to slow it down because of my operation (had myself ligated) and of course, from delivery. Good thing I gave birth normally but the pain was just ... indescribable. Not to scare you childless women, but that's how it went. My sister was with me in the delivery room (Ruther couldn't get in because he wasn't a doctor) and she videoed me screaming my head off during the last seconds before Enzo popped right out. Now my mom thinks I've scarred her for life. Well, I was in pain!! What was I to do? Moan quietly? Sheesh!

During his second day home, Enzo surprised us because he was trying to hold his head up already! Whoa! He was quite active in my tummy but we didn't think he would be this physical! Anyway, I'm over lamenting about having a girl. I guess it would have been nice but Enzo is such a joy that I no longer linger over baby girl clothes at the mall. He's a wonderful addition to our family. And Ruther is quite happy as well.

More updates soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yette,
i enjoy reading your blog and am glad you are posting again!
congratulations on the beautiful addition to your family.
i wish you the best

baby girl clothes said...

Babies are truly an angel! You're so cute..

Becky said...

He's a doll-baby! I'm so happy for you guys...congratulations!! He DOES have lots of hair. I'm so thankful that breastfeeding worked out well for you this time around. It's so good for the little guy, and also saves money (always a plus in my book, lol).

Glad the boys are getting along well with their little brother, too. What a blessing!