Thursday, December 16, 2010

ALL SET FOR CHRISTMAS?

We have yet to buy presents for Ruther, my brother and the boys and then that's it. Our Christmas shopping is complete.

I guess with Enzo arriving late in the year, Christmas shopping was pushed back a bit this year. Nevertheless, most of the presents are under our tree now. Ruther and I will be going out this weekend for the rest of the presents and after that, I could put gift shopping out of my head.

.....

These past weeks have been so stressful. Nikki was sick and vomited a lot and I was so worried we would have to bring him to the hospital. My sister suggested a CBC to rule out dengue fever and thank goodness it wasn't. I had to nurse him slowly because of the vomiting. He would drink sips of water and a spoonful of food every hour. It was so stressful! But good thing he got better. He's still a bit weak and lost a lot of weight but I'm just glad he's well now. He got so lethargic it was really worrisome. And now that he's better, Ethan is the one sick. He's coughing now and has a bit of fever. Because of this, I asked them to temporarily sleep in the family room for now. Nikki doesn't mind but Ethan still has some issues about it. Sigh. I just hope everyone will be A-OK by Christmas. It doesn't help at all that Nikki and Ethan needs antibiotics. Such a nightmare! Three doses everyday! Argh! Good thing Ethan no longer fights me when I try to give him his meds. Before, we would need to restrain him just so he would drink his medicine! Sigh. Why do we have to do this to our kids?

Anyway, my only hope is that Ethan gets all better soon. He's not coughing as much now but he's gotten sooo thin, I just want him to start eating already. He's very picky with his food and won't eat rice at all! It's soooo frustrating! I really don't know what to do about it any more. Even Ruther has been getting so irritated but I tell him not to force Ethan or he'd hate eating completely. Sigh. Why oh why oh why oh why...

Enzo is doing very well with breastmilk. He's gotten chubby and round I call him "chipmunk" because of his cute cheeks! Hope he stays healthy always.

Anyway, I hope after Ethan recovers, I would be done with sickness and fever and vomiting.

Sigh.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Hang in there, mama! I know it's rough when you've got a nursing baby and sick kiddos, but this will soon pass, and before you know it, everyone will be back to their usual boisterous selves. Do your kids like smoothies? They are a great way to sneak nutrition into them without their realizing that there's good healthy stuff in them. My Judah seems to be allergic to coconut of all things, but that continues to be one of my favorite 'bases' for a good smoothie...the water and meat from a young coconut, with things like bananas, mangoes and some fresh pineapple juice mixed in. It used to be that I would incorporate in some fresh ground oat flour for whole grain goodness...but I don't see why brown rice couldn't be added in without them knowing. Leftover cooked brown rice (for the whole grain) could be pureed up with the fruit or dry brown rice ground easily in a simple coffee grinder. I normally add a half cup of ground grain to each blender-full of smoothie. This makes a hearty breakfast type smoothie that provides lots of nutrition and carries them through to lunch time well.