Sunday, January 09, 2011

BOOKS 2,3,4 and 5

I've finished reading books 2, 3, 4 and almost completed book 5 of the Percy Jackson series. It's pretty neat. Well, I found that all fantasy/alternate universe stories intrigue me. Think Star Wars, Harry Potter, etc. I just think that their stories are amazing. The authors' creative minds just blow me away.

Anyway, I'm now in the final chapter of the last book and I'm quite happy with the way the whole series turned out. It was very entertaining and engaging. I hope my boys get to read these books when they are older, maybe after they've studied Mythology.

Since I breezed through the whole set of books in just a few short days, I'm sure I'll be reading them again the future. I do that. I read all the Harry Potter books like 5 times, the Phillip Pullman books (Golden Compass) like 3 times, Twilight series 4 times and other series books more than once I'm sure. So I just know I'll be doing the same with the Percy Jackson books. :D

.....

It's so hard to lose weight. It just seems as though I'm fighting a losing battle. And it sucks.

.....

I gave Ruther a haircut today. It's actually nice, even if I have to say so myself. He was complaining that his hair was unkempt and hard to fix in the mornings and some of his office pals mentioned that it was getting ugly. Since we were both too lazy to leave the house, we decided that I should simply give him a trim. And it turned out okay, thank goodness. If he's getting compliments tomorrow, I'm getting the credit. :D

No comments: