Wednesday, January 12, 2011

SICKNESS IN THE FAMILY

Has it only been two days since my last blog?

Anyway, it's been really tense around here. My MIL brought my FIL to the hospital last Monday because he was feeling dizzy last week. Aside from dizziness, he also said he has a hard time breathing and by Friday, he could barely walk. So, despite his protests, my MIL brought him to the hospital and we found out that he would need to stay for a few days for tests because apparently, he's jaundiced and his abdominal area seemed bloated. They are suspecting his liver is out of whack.

My FIL is a smoker and a drinker. Has been ever since I met him. So I suppose all those toxins are now weakening his body. I asked my MIL how he was doing today and she said he needed a transfusion. Apparently a lot of it because when I asked her how much blood was needed, she told me that we would need around 8 blood donors to replace the blood used in the hospital.

We haven't visited my FIL at the hospital yet. Ruther is hesitant about us because he doesn't want the boys catching any illness while there. Also, we have no way of getting there because Ruther uses the car to go to work, so I would rather stay here and watch my boys for the meantime and then we'd go visit when my sister could babysit.

Hopefully, things will be less tense around here, but knowing how stubborn my FIL could be, I doubt that he'll be recovering very soon.

Sigh.

.....

Don't you ever get those days when you feel so overwhelmed, have a ton of work to do, don't know how to begin and then end up just staring into space? Well, I feel like that's been happening a lot to me lately. With the homeschooling, and the breastfeeding, and the chores, and everything else in between, I sometimes feel I need to grow a new pair of arms and a fresh brain. It gets quite hectic that sometimes, I eat lunch at 2pm, or I have 6-minute baths!! Yeeesh!!

I hope this doesn't become a permanent thing. Especially with my sis leaving for Canada by next month. She's the only one I could trust to babysit the boys because no one else could handle them and watch over them without me worrying about their welfare when I'm out of the house.

In another note, I would love to continue breastfeeding Enzo, but at the same time, I want to work already!! And it's taking me forever to look for a decent job with my lack of experience (from being a SAHM for some years now). Sigh. I feel so conflicted. I wish there was something I could do, something that would make sense in this crazy world.

And I wish someone (be it human or spirit) could help me already! C'mon Universe! I'm rarin' to go!

1 comment:

Becky said...

I'll be praying for your FIL...keep us posted!