Sunday, January 02, 2011

HAPPY 2011!!

Well, it's another new year folks! Still doing your resolutions? I think I've pretty much given up on making my resolutions. It's just very disappointing when I realize at the end of the year that I haven't accomplished anything at all. I think it would be a lot better to do a monthly "things to do/accomplish" goal/s. More realistic ya know. Anyway, that doesn't mean I'm giving up on resolutions. I just won't do it the yearly way...

.....

We took a lot of photos last night for our new year tradition. It was actually fun because it was Enzo's first new year. Here's our family photo:


I don't know exactly when we started this tradition but it's now stuck. And even if we're now 5, we'll still continue doing this in years to come. And why not? It's such a fun thing to do! :D

Here's Enzo's photo:

Isn't he cute? Unlike in other countries, lighting of fire crackers and sparklers and fireworks is legal here. So expect to get a lot of noise and smoke pollution when New Year comes along. Part of my concern was Enzo getting startled at the booms and crackle of the fire crackers and rockets. We did close all windows and doors in our room and that muffled the sounds/noise a bit but when we had our family photo, that was taken in the family room and even if we started at around 1030, a lot of neighbors were starting to light their stash of firecrackers already. So, we had to rush with the photos and then covered Enzo's ears with Miffy earmuffs. He was just so cute! Anyway, after taking photos, we just lit a lot of sparkers and some fountains, Skyped with my mom, dad and brother, ate some spaghetti, and then went to bed.

This afternoon, we went to SM Convention Center to watch The Great American Circus. It was a LOT of fun! The boys enjoyed it but I think my sis and I enjoyed it more because we were hooting and cheering and yelling like there was no tomorrow. Well, we do know how to appreciate a good show. There were acrobats, clowns, a fire eater, balancing tricks, a tribute to Michael Jackson (song and dance number), a crossbow act (I was a bit nervous here), and a whole lot more. The whole show was around 2 hours long with a 30 minute intermission. After the show, we took photos with some of the performers and got a souvenir photo. It was great!! What a wonderful way to start the New Year! I hope that we will have more of these family moments in the months to come. :D

1 comment:

Becky said...

LOVE that New Year's tradition...way cute. And Enzo...ADORABLE!