Tuesday, June 14, 2011

FIRST DAY IN SCHOOL TOMORROW

Tomorrow is Nikki's first day in school!! His first day ever!

In case you didn't know, my boys are homeschoolers. They have been all their lives. I would love to homeschool them but I know my limits. I know I can't give them all the learning that they need so we're going to try blended schooling. We figured, it's simply the best of both worlds. And in case you are wondering if we are torturing our son with too much workload, I would like to assure you that we aren't. Nikki will be entering school as a first grader. And I really don't mind since I am really after the life lessons he'll be learning in school rather than academics. We are already doing Grade 3 lessons so I'm not worried about getting behind. I know Nikki will be able to cope and I know that he'll manage. I just want him to grow up to be well-rounded, independent and good. What more could a mother want? If at the end of the schoolyear Nikki learns so much from this experience, I know we made the right decision.

.....

We finally had our passports renewed and Enzo's passport made. The DFA passport building is in a new place and it was our first time there. It was pretty orderly than the old place, cleaner and cooler (thank goodness for ACs). The one thing I loved about it was the courtesy lanes for family applications (which was our type of application), minors, and senior citizens. So in a way, we cut our waiting time a lot by going through this lane. I was just not too happy when Ethan had a tantrum while having his photo taken. Golly! It was such a nightmare! But I'm glad that's all over. Since Ruther took the day off for this thing, we decided to go to SM Mall of Asia and make a family day out of it. So we had lunch at Shakey's, then went around, then watched Super 8 (while the boys slept) and then had an early dinner, then went home. And now, we all gotta be up early for Nikki's first day in school!

I'm SO excited!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Hi Yette! I had to unplug from blogs for a while due to a back injury. Nothing requiring surgery or anything, but a bulging disc made it pretty difficult to sit still for a few weeks there. I believe I'm on the mend now.

I think you'll be very happy with the blended schooling approach. With teachers handling the subject matter, it frees you up to take care of all the rest to round out your child. And speaking as the wife of a teacher, I know that the types of parents that are INVOLVED in their children's education and care about their development...those are usually the ones with the super successful kids. =)

:P said...

hi Becky! it's sooo great to hear from you again! i hope your road to recovery is smooth and fast. do get well soon.

thank you for your comment. sorry i've been MIA these past months. i really miss visiting the blogs of friends. will try to do more visiting next time.

and you are right about our decision to do blended schooling. i know some people here are not as supportive, so hearing these words from you is so appreciated. you are such a wonderful friend.

take care Becky! :D