Sunday, June 12, 2011

OUR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY

11 years and counting...

Sometimes I can't believe we've lasted this long. Sometimes I wonder how two different people could make a marriage work. But then again, I suppose, it's what made our relationship interesting. Our differences, our uniqueness, our faults, our thoughts, our perceptions, our beliefs... We just try to get over the things that don't work and appreciate the things that do. After all, we are definitely not perfect. But I can't deny the fact that I love my husband and despite all the hurt and sadness and pain that came along with the happiness and elation and wonderment, I still want us to be together. And I suppose that's what matters most.

.....

We had a wonderful day today. We first went to a water resort not too far from our city. The name of the resort is Watercamp and it's located in Kawit, Cavite. It was our first time there and even if it was cloudy and the water a bit chilly and the food not too yummy, everyone had fun and we enjoyed the swim and frolicking together. Our favorite part was the lazy river where we just had to glide along the water with our floaties because of the current. Even Enzo had loads of fun! Can't wait to see the photos!

After water camp, we had lunch at Jollibee then promptly left for Greenhills. Ruther had to buy more Transformers toys for his collection and since we weren't sure when we would be free to go to Greenhills again, we decided today would be the best day. Once there, Ruther got his toys and I shopped for Ethan's presents. He's very excited to open them tomorrow. For an ADHD kid, he's such a patient boy and I'm just so proud of him.

We got home around 6pm and dropped the boys off while Ruther and I (and Enzo) went to Conti's at BF to have our anniversary dinner there. There were no candles and there was no wine but the food was yummy and I enjoyed their cake so much (could never go wrong with a slice of mango bravo) and Ruther got us Starbucks coffee afterwards so it was a pleasant and wonderful dinner.

When we got home, I had to prepare balloons for Ethan's birthday and for our family photo tomorrow. Even if we won't have a party for him, I hope he still enjoys his day.

Gotta hit the sack. Gonna be another busy day tomorrow! :D

1 comment:

Becky said...

Congratulations on 11 years!