Thursday, February 16, 2012

NO REGRETS?

There are times in my life when I look back and think of the things I did or major decisions I made that affected me a lot. I'd be a hypocrite if I said I have no regrets whatsoever. Yes, there are some things in my life that I regret doing or having. Surprised?

I'm in awe of people who say with conviction that they have no regrets in their lives. I just can't see how they could turn a mistake and make it right. I can't comprehend how they can so easily let go of things and say, "I'm over it". How can I adopt such a philosophy?

I try. I try my best to be the best that I can be. But yes, I have fears too. There was a time in my life when my fears crippled me, when I could not think straight, when I could not function. I guess, I still have some fears. But they aren't as crippling as before, thank goodness. I think I just have to learn to master my fear, to realize that I only have one life and I shouldn't waste it.

Maybe I should, when I wake up in the morning, ask myself, "What extraordinary thing can I do today? What can I do to experience the world? What can I do to make my family happier?" I sometimes wish there were more hours to a day. I know not many people will agree with me on this, but I just want to spend as much time as I can doing the things I want to do, by myself and with the people that I love. I'm sure that if I do that, years from now when I'm old and grey, I'll look back and smile at all the crazy and wonderful things I did with my life.

No comments: